Lecturer; Digital Pedagogy Fellow
New Cabell Hall, Room 369
Spring 2021 Student Office Hours
Virtual Online Office Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Contact Professor for Zoom ID and password
- PhD French, University of Virginia (2020)
- DEA (MA2) Texte, Imaginaire, Société, University Paris 8, Dissertation: Vies d’artistes dans l’oeuvre de Pierre Michon, 2001 - 2002.
- Maîtrise (MA1) Lettres Modernes, University Paris 8, Dissertation: L’invention de la biographie dans l’oeuvre de Pierre Michon, 1999 - 2000.
- 20th & 21st Century French literature and Cultural Studies from the Revolution to present.
- Digital Humanities, teaching with technology, e-portfolios in second language acquisition.
- Visual Studies.
- “Entées par ordre alphabétique dans l’espace du dedans.” In Contemporary French & Francophone Studies: Sites, (Forthcoming)
- “Pierre Michon et la question de la filiation.” In Pierre Michon, Entre Pinacothèque et Bibliothèque: Actes de La Journée D’étude Organisée À l’Université de Zurich Le 31 Janvier 2002, Variations, v. 4 (Bern ; New York: Peter Lang, 2003). 57-76
- “Past Life.” In 19 new steps, The winning stories from the 2nd National Short Story Contest. Athens: Eleftheroudakis, 2009.
Conferences and Talks
- “Désordre de Philippe de Jonckheere: Fracas visuel dans l’espace mémoire” (paper to be presented at the annual 20th – 21st Century French and Francophone Studies International Colloquium: Le sens et les sens, Bloomington, Indiana, April 6 - 8, 2017).
- “Entrées par ordre alphabétique dans l’espace du dedans” (paper presented at the annual 20th – 21st Century French and Francophone Studies International Colloquium: Passages, Seuils, Portes, St-Louis, Missouri, March 17-19, 2016).
- “François Bon à haute voix dans les ronds points” (paper presented at the annual graduate students’ conference: Writing out loud: Orality and Aurality in Literature, Princeton University, New Jersey, October 16, 2015).
- “Language learning has recently relied more and more on technology. Is this reliance on technology similar or different from the ePortfolio's reliance on technology? (digital literacy)” (paper presented at the AAEEBL Southeast Regional Conference, Virginia Tech, 2016 Nov 7- 8).
Departmental and campus talks
- “Designing e-portfolio Assignments,” (presented at the Institute of World Languages Faculty Retreat, Charlottesville, Virginia, May, 2016).
- “Un siècle de bruits, du studio d’essai à Justin Bieber” (presented at the Quartier Français à la Maison Française, Charlottesville, Virginia, April, 2016).
- “Teaching vocabulary in context” (presented at the annual graduate students’ orientation week, Charlottesville, Virginia, Auguste, 2014 - 2016).
- Beginner and intermediate French, University of Virginia, 2013 – 2016.
- Instructor at the Summer Language Institute, (Immersive 8 week-long course), University of Virginia, 2014 – 2016.
Honors and Awards
- Praxis Program at the Scholars' Lab, University of Virginia. 2017-2018
- Summer Institute of French Cultural Studies at Dartmouth College: “Cultures of Place, Cultures of Space.” June 19 - July 18, 2017.
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute at the University of Victoria: Fundamentals of Programming/Coding for Human(s|ists). June 5-9, 2017.
- Mellon Foundation Graduate Fellowship: “Literacies and Technologies in the 21st Century.” 2015 – 2016.
- South Atlantic Studies Graduate Fellowship: “Exile, Migration, Displacement.” 2014 – 2015.
- Mellon Foundation Graduate Fellowship: “Composing the Humanities in a Digital Age.” 2014 – 2015.
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Programming/Coding for Human(s|ists). Digital Humanities Summer Institute at the University of Victoria. 2017, June 5-9.
- “E-portfolios in World Language Teaching, Learning, and Assessment”, Panel Discussion. AAEEBL Southeast Regional Conference at Virginia Tech. 2016 Nov 7 – 8.
- Summer workshop on e-portfolios: Intentionality, Authenticity, and Engagement. University of Virginia, Arts & Sciences Learning Design and Technology. 2016 June 21 – 23.
- Workshop on e-portfolios for program-level assessment in world languages, with Nancy Pawlyshyn (Northeastern University). University of Virginia. 2016 May.
- University of Virginia, Certificat de formation « Enseigner le Français des Affaires », sponsored by the French Embassy in Washington and the Paris Chamber of Commerce. 2014 May.
Other Relevant Professional Service
- Makerspace Technologist, Scholars’ Lab at the University of Virginia. 2016 – Present.
- Coordinator for Business French Training Course co-sponsored by the Department of French at the University of Virginia, the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in Washington and the Chamber of Commerce in Paris. 2016 – 2017.
- Committee member for First Pan-European Studies Graduate Students Conference. 2015 – 2016.
- Research Assistant of FLLEP (Grant funded initiative for the implementation of e-portfolios in foreign language learning). 2014 – Present.
- Co-organizer of the French Film Festival. 2013 – 2014.