Fall 2023 Office Hours
Days and Times: Tuesdays 2-3 pm (in person) and Fridays 11 am - 12 pm (Zoom) or by appointment
Location: New Cabell Hall 373 or Zoom
- Bachelor of Arts, College of William and Mary
- Master of Arts, University of Virginia
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Virginia
Medieval and early modern French literature ; manuscript and book history ; readership ; digital humanities ; literature and war ; writing and gender; literary interpretation theory.
- 2015 Wente Faculty Seminar on Digital Humanities, Valparaiso University.
- 2014 Teaching Seminar, Mellon Teaching Seminars for Excellence in the Humanities, University of Virginia.
- 2012 AHSS Summer Research Award, University of Virginia
- 2006 – 2011 President’s Fellowship, University of Virginia
- “Devotional and Political Consolation in Manuscript BnF fr. 994.” Special issue of Digital Philology on “Manuscript Studies in the Digital Age: Re-Examining Guillaume de Machaut's Material Legacy,” forthcoming in 2016.
- “Remembering and Forgetting Charles of Navarre in the pages of Machaut’s Confort d’Amy,” International Machaut Society Panel, 51st International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, May 2016.
- "Foolish Readers and French Politics in Jean Gerson’s Treatise against the Romance of the Rose,” Panel on “Emotions and Nation,” 50th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, May 2015.
- “Reading for peace: ‘Conspiracions civiles’ in Jean Gerson’s Treatise against the Romance of the Rose,” The Forty-First Annual Sewanee Medieval Colloquium: Peace and War, The University of the South, April 10-11, 2015.
- “Translations in Time: Unfolding the Visionary Event and Translating Aquinas in the Advision Christine,” Mellon Symposium on “The Middle Ages in Translation,” Northwestern University, July 2013.
Related Work Experience:
- 2014-2015 Visiting Assistant Professor, Valparaiso University
- 2006-2014 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Virginia